- Plants endemic to the region will be used throughout the project’s landscaping. These species have adapted to the local geography,
are drought and frost hardy, and provide essential habitat for native wildlife species.
Skylights will naturally light public areas and reduce the dependence on artificial lighting.
- High efficiency water saving devices will reduce usage by 20 to 50 percent.
- Lead-free seam-sealed metal roofing is durable, has a long lifespan, and can be recycled.
- Nontoxic, ultra low odor, high quality paints are durable without the toxins that can off-gas for years.
- “Lo E” energy efficient insulated glass provides increased solar and thermal protection and reduce the transmittance of damaging UV rays.
- Light sensors will gauge natural lighting conditions and adjust the level of artificial lighting accordingly.
- High efficiency light fixtures will cut down on energy consumption.
- Interface FLOR carpeting is a market leader in environmental sensitivity and innovation.
- Open cell foam insulation will cut down on infiltration of outdoor air, thus reducing the loads placed on the A/C and heating equipment.
- Geothermal wells will allow the heating and cooling systems to use the ground temperature to moderate the interior environment against the relative extremes out of doors.
Photo courtesy of Karl Rabe.
Send this page to a friend